Sunday, November 20, 2011

Smurf Craze

Came across a tutorial at Maya Road DT blog of the altered chipboard house by one of the DT and I got inspired by her!

 Since I have foam eggs, which I bought last Easter to do some art and craft with the girls, still lying around  (bought too many of them... greedy I suppose :p).. I cut them 2/3 across to resemble the dome-shaped roof and carefully followed the instructions given. I modified it here and there as I don't really have all the items that had been used.


 For the base.... I altered cookie/biscuit tin covers with patterned papers and ribbons.... The plastic flowers are donated by my girls Hello Kitty collection (LOL!!!).

The smurf figurines are from Kinder Beuno eggs which my sister, sister-in-law and myself kept on buying till we have the full set......

When I completed the 1st house.... I showed them to the girls.... and guess what.. Ah Ger asked for one with a purple rooftop??! Ok..... so... I made a 2nd one... with  a bigger yard... took me quite a while though...


View from another angle..


Took me a long time to complete them as I have other commitments that take priority seats.... but I love how it turns out!!

Thanks for looking!!!

1 comment:

aichaku-愛着 said...

sooooo cute!!! your girls are very lucky to have such a creative mummy!!